Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake

I had this magnificent dessert the other day at work. It is great warm or cold. Either way, you will enjoy every bite!

For the printable version of this recipe, check out: AllRecipes.com



What do you need: sugar, 2 cans of crescent rolls, butter, 3 packages of cream cheese, vanilla, and cinnamon. Can you tell I am a big fan of Target?







Step 1: mix the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese together. This is probably the most difficult process of this recipe. I thought I was going to blow out the motor to my 1960's Good Will hand-mixer.










Step 2: Spread one can of crescents on the bottom of your pan. The recipe states to roll it out, but let's get real. It's really not necessary. Spread your cream cheese mixture on top of the crescents.






 
Step 3: Add your top level of crescents. Pour the melted butter on top.









Step 4: Mix your remaining sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the crescents.












Step 5: So...I am thinking it stayed in 5 minutes a little too long. But, it does not taste burnt. It was a hit with my children. Max gave it an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I always have each member of the family rate the new item. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes (or a little less). 

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. Again, for the exact amounts of the ingredients needed, please check out the website above.

No comments:

Post a Comment