Sunday, April 17, 2011

Italian Chicken, Cheese, & Herb Casserole

I was inspired to create a meal when I saw the Philadelphia Cream Cheese flavoring in the grocery store. For this meal, I used the Italian Cheese & Herb (hence the made up title).


For more great flavors, please check Philadelphia Cream Cheese. They have great recipes! 


What I used for our meal:
-1lb. chicken
-1 package of frozen veggies (thought I would use two, but ran out of room in the skillet)
-1 package of penne noodles (I used gluten free, b/c I am willing to try anything to reduce hyperactivity)
-Philadelphia Cream Cheese- Italian Cheese & Herb
-Parmesan Cheese
-Panko bread crumbs (which I added at the last minute, b/c that's the kind of chef I am, ha...)



Step 1: Cook your chicken. While you are cooking your chicken, boil your noodles. (I decided not to take an exciting picture of boiling noodles, you can thank me later)


Step 2: Add your frozen vegetables, while continuing to turn over your chicken. I lowered the heat and used the lid to help the vegetables cook w/o burning the chicken.
Step 3: Combine your noodles, vegetables & chicken into your baking dish.
Step 4: Add your cream cheese and mix throughout.
Step 5: Add your Parmesan cheese. I used approx. 3/4 cup-1 cup. Really just used the remainder in the bag.
 








Step 6: Once you have mixed all of your ingredients together, you sprinkle your Panko bread crumbs over the top of your casserole and bake at 350 for approx. 20 min.

Hope you enjoy. Max rated this a 10, so it must be good, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment