Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fort Worth Stock Show 2011

Every year we go to the Stock Show at least once. Ben loves it, and since his birthday occurs around the same time it's just understood this is going to be something we do annually. I remember by mom taking me to the stock show as a child and loving it, but also trying to avoid the stinky barns. I also remember wearing new boots and wondering why I did that when I returned home with blisters. SO, that is why my kids wore boots to the stock show today. Because of my childhood memories. However, they have worn their boots multiple times and multiple locations. And, I had a back up pair of tennis shoes for Annie in my purse.


This is the last year Annie can wear one of my favorite shirts (of hers). We had to stop by the vendor that sold this to see if they had any neat shirts for next year. Luckily, they did. Can't wait to show of her new cowgirl shirt in 2012 (yikes).
 







Max and Annie had such a great time this year. We spent a lot of time searching the open pins on the outside of the barns. This way Annie had fresh air and was not pinching her nose walking around talking about how smelly it was. Max was able to find some FFA students that allowed him to pet their animals. And, mommy and daddy were able to take some beautiful pictures! The weather could not have been more perfect!


Max loves to wear Ben's hat. It makes me laugh how he tries so hard to be big. His eyes are very sensitive to sunlight, and it can be challenging to get them both in a position where Annie has some sun on her, but the sun isn't blinding Max.






Today was my favorite stock show day ever, and I hope our children will always remember these days and want to recreate the fun when they have families (MANY years from now).

Ben did inform me on the way out that he foresees one more trip this year. Heaven for bid we miss the sheep dog trials. So, if you're local and haven't been, you have until the weekend of Feb 5th. And, if you want to know the rodeo schedule or the different exhibits you can find out more info at:  http://www.fwssr.com/

Yeehaw~

No comments:

Post a Comment