Sunday, July 24, 2011

Shrimp Salad Sandwich & Apple Pie

I saw this recipe pop up from Paula Deen on Facebook this morning, and I thought that it sounded great with it being so hot outside. Here is her recipe with ingredients for Shrimp Salad Sandwich.

1. You will need at least 1 lb. of peeled and deveined shrimp. I like to call them divine shrimp.

2. Take off the tail and put them in the blender.

3. What do you get? Mush! Shrimp Mush.

4. Add hard boil eggs to the mixture. I used 5 for our family.

5. Add minced celery.

6. Add 1/2 Cup of Mayo.
Shrimp Mush Awaits. I added a couple of tablespoons of Sewell's Seasoning, which I use to make the best guacamole ever. This was the only seasoning I added to this mush. I chilled ours while I prepared our side item and toasted our buns.



Earlier in the day we went to one of our favorite stores, World Market. They had some of their mixes on sale. Probably b/c it's 105 degrees outside and only crazy people would heat their oven for 1 hour.  Hello, my name is Crazy Person, nice to meet you. We stopped by one of our favorite Farmer's Market on the way home to buy 6 Granny Smith Apples. My little helper did a superb job of cutting apples and putting this masterpiece together. She was rewarded with the highest honor in baking....the one who gets to lick the bowl and spoon.

1 comment:

  1. I don't eat shrimp, but I am going to have to pass this on to my friends that do.

    ReplyDelete