Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fresh Strawberry Pie

I saw this recipe on busy mommy. com  and then went to our local farmer's market to find the most beautiful strawberries I have seen in a long time! Of course, I modified the recipe. So, I decided this would be my dessert for our Father's Day meal. 

What you need:
-Fresh strawberries (bought a basket at a farmer's market)
-4 Tbls. corn starch
-1 C. sugar
-Graham cracker crust
-Strawberry Jello (I used the large box)
-Whipping cream


Step 1: fill a saucepan with 4 cups water, 4 Tbls cornstarch and 1 cup sugar.  Cook on medium heat for twenty minutes, stirring occasionally. Add strawberry Jello mix.  Let cool.
Step 2: Fill the graham cracker crust with sliced strawberries.
Step 3: Pour mixture over strawberries once cooled. I refrigerated my pie overnight. Add whipping cream to the final product, and you are done. This was a hit!




1 comment:

  1. Mmm, thanks for posting the recipe!
    After seeing the last photo I WILL be trying this.

    ReplyDelete