Sunday, May 22, 2016

"Giddy Up, Eunice" by Sophie Hudson



I love that moment when you start to read a book and you suddenly feel like you and the author should be friends. Not the kind of friends on Facebook, where you just click "like" (or the new emotion buttons), but the kind of friendship where you meet for coffee and talk. Sophie had my full attention with the reference of watching Alias. Oh! How I miss Sydney Bristow and that show! In addition, we are both in the Eunice phase of life. Not sure what I mean? Read the book. I would hate to spoil that piece of this puzzle for you.

I have always loved hearing stories from women older than myself. I am amazed by their adventures and the knowledge they have gained from truly living life. I remember a few of these conversations, when I was a child in day care eating lunch with the Director, planting the seeds for me to desire adoption as a parent. (Side note: I was by far the oldest child in day care and just could not take a nap).

In high school, I had different pockets of friends. I would have said that I probably had more friends that were guys versus girls. I hated the drama that comes along with that developmental phase and the female population. It was not pretty, and I just didn't feel comfortable. It took me awhile to get out of my comfort zone and start to trust. I have to admit that it wasn't until I was in my 30's that I really felt the need for more friends that were my age. Now that I am starting the 40's journey, I crave my time with girlfriends. I have two amazing soul sisters, that I rely on to help me get through the bumps in parenting two children adopted from the foster care system. I have MANY friends, that I love to support, encourage, and meet for a coffee or meal to let them know I am on their team. Prior to reading this hysterical book, I would have said that I think I do a pretty good job of having multi-generational friends. However, I have marinated on the whole friend analysis, and I have found that I should be helping build relationships with young women. I need to encourage the next movers and shakers that are about to launch. I am not quite sure where to start that journey, but I know it's where I need to grow. I am so thankful for "Giddy Up, Eunice" and the epiphany it has provided me.

If you are interested in reading a book that will make you laugh and desire friends of all ages, please consider ordering "Giddy Up, Eunice". There are a lot of pre-order specials going on now until June 6th. To find out more, visit: www.giddyupeunice.com

No comments:

Post a Comment