Saturday, May 5, 2012

It may not be pretty, but it sure was yummy!

If you haven't heard of Pinterest yet, you might be living in a cave. I remember my friend, Wednesday, telling me to join and warning me that it is addicting. Well, she was right! At first I didn't get it. An online pin board? It didn't sound like something I really needed. Then I started thinking back to websites where I liked a certain photo and I wished I could find it again. That's when it hit me. I really did need the new addiction of Pinterest. For me it started with photography, and then it grew....and grew. I have found some great recipes on there as well. Which leads me to this beauty cake.

My son helped me bake this cake, and if you have ever made a dessert with a child you know that it needs to be ready ASAP. This cake has a lot of steps to it, which made it even more of an exercise of patience for Max. We rushed the cooling time a little and that probably had an impact on how this cake looks. My husband asked me what happened to it. Hee, Hee.

Here is the link to the recipe:

Now for a great laugh, compare their cake to our cake:

We did make some changes to the recipe by:
-using non fat items when available
-finely crushed Oreos thanks to my little helper
-melted icing out of a container due to the nastiness that occurred to the chocolate when melted with butter.

The Parker family would like to endorse this recipe by giving it ratings of (scale 1-10):
Ben= 10
Max= 5,000
Annie= 15,000 (she's a little competitive)

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment