Sunday, February 6, 2011

Crock Pot Potatoes & Sausage

This may not be the healthiest meal, but it is a family favorite in this house. I like to add a salad to it, which makes me feel better. We were recently snowed/iced in for 4 days and we made a lot of projects and food as a family to pass the time. I started to feel like I was turning into the Pioneer Woman (who inspires me daily).

This is what you need:

One of the best purchases at the grocery store is the Reynold's Crock Pot Liners. It makes using a crock pot easy to clean, which means I use it more. Thank you Reynolds for thinking like a mom.


Next step- cut the potatoes and sausage into small slices or cubes.. 

 You are going to layer in this order:
1. Potatoes
2. Salt & Pepper *your preference as to how much
3. Butter *you can change out for margarine, fat free, or whatever your prefer. I like to cut into thin slivers so it can be spread over many potatoes. This helps them soften during the cooking process.
4. Sausage 
**Repeat 1-2 times**


Cover and cook. If you cook on high, it should be done in approx. 4 hours. It depends on how big your potato pieces are. Feel free to do a taste test. It's best when the potatoes are soft and the sausage has cooked over them. 


You can also make this in the oven. Hope you enjoy as much as we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment